A sports massage focuses on the body's soft tissues. A sports massage is an intense and deep massage therapy. A sports massage, as the name implies treats muscular damage such as overuse or tension. A pre-sport sports massage will also reduce the risk of injury in following activity.
A sports massage can be done anytime before or after physical activity, and can rehabilitate and speed up the healing process of both acute and chronic injuries. A sports massage will also dull any pain in the targeted muscle groups.
When would it be a good idea and for what purposes to get a sports massage?
3. Post event
Benefits of Sports Massage
- Faster healing and relief of muscle injuries and chronic pain
- Helps relieve pain, stiffness, and muscle pain. Reduces symptoms of muscle fatigue
- Increase flexibility of muscles, tendons, fascia and joints
- Reduce the chance of abnormal thick membranes around the muscles
- Improves function, flexibility and strength of soft tissues including muscles, ligaments, fascia and joints
- Helps relax the muscles from heavy use
- For athletes, it improves muscle health and helps you be more prepared to cope with training injuries. More efficient competition